Conferences and Invited Lectures (Selection)
- "TTIP and the Issue of Conflicting Standards in the EU and the USA" (Invited Presenter, European Association of Agricultural Economists Congress 2014, Ljubiljana).
- "The Behavioural Consumer" (Invited Prestenter and Organiser, European University Institute in Florence).
- "Social Market Economy Is Not an Oxymoron-Why EU Internal Market Law Has Always Been Behavioural" (Invited Presenter, University of Lucerne).
- "Checks and Balances of Private Standards" (Organiser of [with Cerkia Bramley] and presenter at the conference Checks and Balances of Private Standards, University of Pretoria, 2013).
- "Who Will Pass, Who Will Fail the Test Achats Test – A Readacross to Other Factors Such as Age?" (invited presentation at the Annual Conference on European Insurance Law, ERA Trier, 2013).
- "Warum hat es die ökonomische Analyse des Rechts in Europa so schwer? Eine sozio-kulturelle Sicht" (invited lecture in the framework of the brownbag-seminar at the Max-Planck-Institute für Tax Law and Public Finance, 2013).
- "Causation and Association in Torts, Contracts, and Insurance Wither the Science Charade: If, How, and Why to Involve Epidemiological Experts" (invited presentation at the conference "The Use of Scientific Evidence in Criminal and Civil Litigation," University of Birmingham Law School, 2013).
- "The Transformation of the Law of Conflicts in The EU From Nation-States to Markets?"
(invited presentation at the workshop "Legal Innovation Toward Social Change" at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Global Legal Studies Center und European Union Center of Excellence, Madison, 2012).
- "Homo economicus, behavioural science, and regulation: What does EU Law teach us on the individual cognitive and behaviour concept of internal market regulation?" (with Jens-Uwe Franck)
(invited presentation at the conference „law and economics in Europe“, University of Lucerne, 2012).
- "The Architecture of Post-National European Contract Law from a Phenomenological Perspective – A Question of Institutions"
(invited lecture at the University of Maastricht, European Private Law Institute, 2012)
- "United We Stand, Devided We Fall? Collective Redress in the EU And Its Impact on the Insurance Sector" (invited presentation at the Annual Conference on European Insurance Law, ERA Trier, 2012).
- "Statecraft, the Market State, and the Development of European Legal Culture" (Organiser of [with Genevieve Helleringer] and presenter at [with Dennis Patterson] the conference Towards a European Legal Culture, University of Oxford, 2011).
- "Zur Methode des EuGH im Privatrecht – zwischen wertender Rechtsvergleichung, horror iuris und Funktionalität?" (invited presentation at the workshop Privatrecht, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 2011).
- "Administrative Supervision, Legal System and Consumer Law in Cross-Border-Selling" (invited lecture at the International Symposium on Cross-Border Trade in E-Commerce, University of International Business and Economics, Beijing, 2011).
- "The Test Achats Judgment – A Lesson From The ECJ For The Constitutionalisation of Private Law?" (presentation before the law faculty of the University of Amsterdam, 2011).
- "International and European Competition of Agencies – The Case of Pharmaceutical Law" (presenter at the 12th International Conference on Consumer Law "Consumer Law – Globalisation, Poverty and Development", Hyderabad Law School, 2009).